TAEKWONDO is a combative sport that is characterized by its emphasis on head-height kicks, jumping and spinning kicks, and fast kicking techniques. To facilitate fast, turning kicks, taekwondo generally adopts stances that are narrower and taller than broader, wide stances used by martial arts such as karate.
- All taekwondo practitioners, whether competitors or not are at all times expected to uphold the five tenets of Taekwondo. These are courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control and indomitable spirit.
Taekwondo techniques ( with Korean names)
• Axe kick - Naeryeo chagi
• Back kick - Dwi Chagi
• Cresent Kick – Bandal Chagi
• Flying back kick – Twi myo dwi chagi
• Flying side kick – Twi myo yeop chagi
• Front kick – Ap Chagi
• Hook kick – Hurgeo Changi
• Jumping front kick - Twio Ahp Chagi
• Roundhouse kick – Dolyo Chagi
• Black- turning jump roundhouse kick - Naraban